Following is detailed information for Ankeny Summerfest volunteer participants:
ANKENY SUMMERFEST PARADE: Saturday, July 9Â Â PARADE STARTS AT 9:00 a.m. Volunteers need to arrive by 8:30.
Staging will be at Ankeny High School in Lot C or D (both are together and it depends on where we are placed).Â Â This is the lot that is closest to North Ankeny Boulevard.Â Â
There isn’t any parking at Ankeny High School but there is a drop off area that is clearly marked off of North Ankeny Boulevard.Â
RULES FROM THE ANKENY PARADE COORDINATORS:Â Â
This year there is a concerted effort to enhanceÂ the safety and community feel of the SummerFest Parade and therefore a few rules must be complied with
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Items cannot be thrown from a vehicle and must be handed out or distributed close to the curb and the spectators.Â Â Â Â
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Drivers of vehicles may not talk or text while participating in the parade
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Any entries with animals must have their own designated waste collection person walk behind the entry at all times.Â Â All animals must be leashed or tethered appropriately for the animal.
- Â Â Â Â Â Â All entries must represent the family oriented event that is the SummerFest Parade
- Â Â Â Â Â Â You must keep pace with the parade flow; failure to do so may cause your entry to be removed.
We will have candy, tattoos and literature to hand out.Â Â Throwing of any kind is not allowed in any of the parades.
Water will be provided for the walkers.
Transportation back to the starting point of the parade will be coordinated as best we can, but it may require several shuttle trips to get everyone back.Â Â
For more information on volunteering for the parade, please contact Mary Whisenand at [email protected]