Terry Griffith is still looking for help with the Delaware County Fair Parade next Monday, July 11th. If you are interested in helping with the parade unit, please meet Terry in the staging area near the middle school at 6:30 PM. There are also still shifts available for the fair booth. If you can help, please contact Terry at [email protected]
Delaware County GOP
- Call to order by Jeff Madlom, at 7:07 p.m. at Days Inn, Manchester, Iowa. Agendas were distributed by Jeff M. The Pledge of Allegiance was lead by Jeff M.
- There were 15 members present and 3 guests: Charles Ankrom, Cliff Bunting, Jeffery Madlom, Doug Robbins, Terry Griffith, Michele DeBlieck, Bruce Nieman, Marcel Kielkucki, Brad Kimmerle, Rick Seeley , Al Meade, Gary Helmrich, Carla Becker, Shirley Helmrichs, and Kevin Glanz. Guests were Lee Hein, Lorene Duin, and Dan Zumbach.
- The Secretary minutes were motioned to be approved by Brad K. and seconded by Marcel K. Motion passed.
- Treasurerâ€™s report: Deb Peyton absent.
- Announcements: Dan Zumbach announced his candidacy for senate from our district which represents all of Delaware County, part of Linn County and part of Jones County.
- Legislative Report: Lee H. talked about state budget passing, school fund/educational budget fared well and the intent to revisit the Lake Delhi matching fund support in January, 2012.
- Candidatesâ€™ Spotlight: Lee H. discussed about bodies to walk in parade. There was discussion of Presidental candidates visiting Manchester.
- Correspondence Report: none. Marcel
- No program
- Old Business: 2011 GOP Straw Poll in Ames. The debate is Aug 11 in Stevens Auditorium. Cost is $500 for 10 tickets. Delaware County Fall dinner is targeted for 9/15/11 at the fairgrounds. Starts at 5:30 and dinner at 6:00
- Standing Committees
- Finance/Fundraising Committee: Doug R discussed fall dinner information.
- Organization: Shirley H said they would work on this after Delaware Co Fair.
- Communications and Public Relations Plan is to get precinct representatives updated and put on our website and perhaps sent picture to Manchester Press.
- Candidates and Campaign Assistance: Nothing to report.
- Ad Hoc Committees
- Informational Technologies: Rick Seeley, Chair. There was discussion on website name which currently is: delawarecountyiowarepublicans.org.
- Scholarship Committee: Nothing.
- Parades and County Fair: Terry Griffith, Chair. Discussion for Delaware Co parade, the elephant, 3000 flyers to hand out for the free movie, and need for more walkers. Doug R, Jeff M., and Brad K volunteered to walk. Also discussion for workers for fair booth.
- Movie in the Park: Date has been set for Friday, July 22, rain date, July 23. Showtime is dusk, approximately 8:30 p.m. with free popcorn.
- New Businessâ€”
- Next meeting: August 8, 2011 at Days Inn meeting room.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Charles A, seconded by Brad K to adjourn meeting. Motion carried and the meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Message From Terry Griffith:
Fellow Republicans, We have some things going on this summer that we need your help with. We have 3 parades coming up as well as the Delaware County Fair.
We need walkers and "elephant handlers" to do the parades. We will be handing out flyers at the Colesburg and Delaware County Parade promoting our "Movie in the Park" that will be held on July 22nd.
We also need some good Republicans to help man the booth at the Delaware County Fair on July 12th- July 17th.
Here are the parade dates:
July 4th 2PM start time Colesburg
July 11th 7PM start time Manchester-Delaware Co. Fair parade
July 30th 12noon start time Delhi- Delhi Days
Please email me at which parades you can help at. If you have children or grandkids, they are welcome to join in the fun.
Delaware Co. Fair Booth times: Tues, July 12 1-3pm, 3-5pm, 5-7pm, 7-9pm Wed, July 13 1-3pm, 3-5pm, 5-7pm, 7-9pm Thur, July 14 1-3pm, 3-5pm, 5-7pm, 7-9pm Fri, July 15 1-3pm, 3-5pm, 5-7pm, 7-9pm Sat, July 16 1-3pm, 3-5pm, 5-7pm, 7-9pm tear down Sat night
If everyone on our committee or any other interested Republicans would fill a slot or 2, it would be make it easy and a hardship on no one.
Manning the fair booth is pretty low key. We mainly need friendly faces there to meet people and thus showing that us Republicans are really great people!
Please take a look at the parade dates and when you could help at the county fair. Please email me back. Thanks in advance!